Friday 18 January 2013

Snow and Mermaids :)

Happy snow day peeps! He he he. Hope you're all safe and warm, I've been sent home from work cos it was getting to the point where we were worried about being snowed in - eeeeeeeep!

So I'm sat in my warmest clothes and painting a snowy scene on my nails. In the meantime, here's the mani I've been rocking for the past few days. After nipping into town last weekend and splurging on a few lots of new polishes, I now have in my possession a colour I've been lusting over for ages:)

This gorgeous emerald green glitter! Oh happy days. 

Posh-Polish-Mermaid-Glitter-Nails

I've never used this brand before, but when I saw this colour I couldn't not buy it - it's stunning. This is 2 coats layered over a coat of Barry M Watermelon, but could probably be made opaque in 3 or 4 coats. It's easy to apply, no gloop or clumps. 

Posh-Polish-Mermaid-Glitter-NailsPosh-Polish-Mermaid-Glitter-Nails

I love it so much that I've had it on for 3 days - and I think it's lasted pretty well as you can see. I just nipped out in the snow to take pictures of my hand (think my neighbours think I'm crackers!), sadly the camera couldn't quite 'get' this colour; it's really a deep emerald green, no teal-ness as the pictures suggest. 

Whilst I was outside, I HAD to take some pictures of the snow! SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, yippee, yippee, yippee, SNOW:) I'm off sleighing now, enjoy the snow peeps, stay safe and warm x.



4 comments:

  1. Love this polish, don't think I have any green glitters in my collection! Where did you get it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cheapo brand in larger Superdrug, think it was about £2.50. Happy days:) I've struggled to get my mitts on a green glitter, can't figure out if there aren't many or if I just always miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I guess my luck will be out, living in the middle of nowhere = tiny Superdrug :( I'll keep my eye out for it though, it's so gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it helps I think MUA does a green glitter, I'm sure I've seen it, and they're usually stocked in smaller branches. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete